Sunday, March 11, 2007

A pleasant day in Camden


There's a first time for everything. Welcome to a pictoral record of my first truly lovely wander through Camden Town. Astonishingly, I was not pushed, offered hash, asked if I had some smack, or called a stupid whore by dodgy passers by. I'll let the pictures do the talking, and later, I'll chat about Shanghai Nights by Juan Marsé, recently published in paper by the ever-gorgeous Harvill Secker. Meanwhile... Go to see this astonishing coffee, um, roastery, where one quiet man of indeterminate origins roasts a short dozen different coffees in a sooty olfactory paradise.













And in keeping with this sensual overload, we have the audio...

and the gastronomical,
with some beautiful Moroccan stews in the nice bit of the Camden Lock Market.

No comments: